WHAT IS THE CARE CERTIFICATE?
Following the recommendations of the Cavendish Report 2013, The Care Certificate was introduced to:-
- Build on and replace the Common Induction Standards (CIS) and National Minimum Training Standards (NMTS)
- Set out specific learning outcomes, competences and standards that will ensure caring and compassionate quality of care
WHO IS THE CARE CERTIFICATE COURSE FOR?
The Care Certificate course is available for all care workers, healthcare assistants and social care support workers:-
- Who are new to the workplace or new to care (within first 12 weeks)
- Or existing staff requiring refresher training
WHY DO WE NEED THE CARE CERTIFICATE?
The Care Certificate delivers public confidence in the provision of healthcare services and sets out a benchmark to which standards can be assessed.
- Understand Your Role
- Your Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Work in a Person-Centred Way
- Privacy and Dignity
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic Life Support
- Health and Safety
- Handling Information
- Infection Prevention and Control
SO HOW DOES THE CARE CERTIFICATE WORK?
There’s two parts to the Care Certificate:-
- Demonstrating competence at work
Our ‘Care Certificate Training Classroom Course’ delivers the knowledge care workers, healthcare assistants and social care workers need to help them towards achieving the Care Certificate.
This means that once we have provided the training your employer still needs to see evidence that you can practice what you have learned in the workplace –
You will be issued with a Care Certificate workbook on the day of training and you will record knowledge gained on the assessments pages.
Your tutor will then provide you with a unique stamp validating the training you have received.
This book can then be taken with you into the workplace for employers to sign off once this knowledge has been demonstrated.
Then your employer applies for your certificate .