WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Healthcare Professionals with the responsibility of receiving, storing, administering and disposing of medication.
WHY DO STAFF NEED THE COURSE?
Medication administration is an essential and key area of user/patient care.
Medication can be dangerous when misused but when used effectively is a very powerful tool to alleviate symptoms and improve or prolong a persons life.
Seniour Healthcare workers are not only responsible for the safe delivery of medication but also upholding dignity, encouraging independence and respecting choices the service user/patient makes. This is an excellent refresher course for any member of the healthcare team.
Candidates will be able to:
- Identify relevant legislation
- Understand the 7’R’s of medication administration
- Recognise common medication
- Understand the importance of record keeping
- Identify prescribed medication
- Understand common errors that can occur
- The 8 Rights of Medication Administration
- Classification & Types of Medication
- Routes into The Body
- Maintaining Records
- Prescribing Medication
- Types & Reasons for Errors
- Storing & Disposing of Medication
- Self-administration & Supporting Independence
- Contra Indications, Allergies and Overdoses
- Monitoring Dosage Systems
- Medication Calculations
This course gets to the core of Medication Administration, delivering all the information candidates need in a high impact 3-4 hour session.